Saturday, July 31, 2010

Would you suck up your pride and forgive someone who was terminally ill?

Even if this person was evil to you and this person happened to be your own mother?Would you suck up your pride and forgive someone who was terminally ill?
Yes. Pride can be kind of a bad thing in large doses, and forgiveness is a very good thing even in small doses, especially if it's your own mother.Would you suck up your pride and forgive someone who was terminally ill?
U confused me .....
Yes, forgiveness is for your benefit not hers. Only through forgiving can you put despair behind and proceed to a happier and more fulfilled life. You dont have to forget the hurtfulness or even like or want that person in your life again but you can forgive. And you will become a happier person. Life is either to short or to long for torment and ill-feelings.
Not necessarily. It would depend on whether there was any affection toward her at all. If she had abused me my whole life and there was no love, then screw her.
Nope! The only reason they would be sorry is because they are dying. They should have asked forgiveness when in good health. Better yet, they should have never been evil to begin with!
yes


forgiveness is good for you too, not just them.
Honestly, no. I would go and pay my respects and say good bye and not bring up the situation, but I don't think I could ever forgive someone who was so evil that I lost contact with them all together. Now, if she just punished me for something I did wrong, yes, I would forgive. But if she warped my whole life, no.
If that person was genuinely remorseful (or I knew they would be if capable), yes.
Only if they deserved forgiving.





If not, where's the justice? Would you have forgiven, say, Hitler?





I think I'd be much more likely to think of them as deserving if they were dying though, maybe that's punishment enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment