Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My ';mentally ill'; friends, how would you feel if someone said this to you?

I have schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. I'm being treated for them. Anyway, those of you that also have mental illnesses/disabilities, how would you feel if someone said this to you?





';oh, you have a daughter? I think it is a horrible idea for someone like you to have kids.'; I asked her what she meant by ';like you';, and she said mentally ill. My daughter is very healthy, in every way. I didn't get too pissed off, I just went into work early the next morning, turned everything in her office upside-down (literally), put invisible tape over her phone piece, then wrapped her office in foil another time. I didn't get in trouble when my boss found out, he thought it was funny. I talked to my girlfriend about it and she got seriously pissed off.





So I ask you, how would you feel if someone said that to you? How do you think you would handle it? I guess I can kind of see where the miserable old hag was coming from, but she was a jerk about it.My ';mentally ill'; friends, how would you feel if someone said this to you?
as someone who once struggled with OCD so i know what its like to be mentally ill, and what your coworker said was inexcusable but it was also inexcusable of you to destroy her office that just makes her label you as ';crazy'; which is wrong of her to do but she will do it just ry to show her by your example that you are a good person who is worthy of reproducingMy ';mentally ill'; friends, how would you feel if someone said this to you?
First of all, I am glad you are being treated for these issues!





%26gt;';I think it is a horrible idea for someone like you to have kids.'; I asked her what she meant by ';like you';, and she said mentally ill.';





I have a dilemma with this. I guess I am trying to understand how this came up in a conversation. Is what you're being treated for ';common knowledge?';
Your daughter might have issues later in life but I agree she was wrong to say what she did. I have bipolar disorder and will not have any biological children. However my fiance has it as well and his son is a very smart kid, at 15 he wants to be a history teacher and join the army as well... it sounds as if he'll be very successful.
Wow. o_O. She has a big mouth. I think it's rude. But I think it wasn't ok to destroy her workplace area. Just forgive her. She's too dumb and inconsiderate to understand mental illnesses.





I admire your confidence from reading your story on your profile page. Good for you. :)





- - - - - - -


Okay. You handled it that way. It's fine. o_O.
Im not mentally ill. But that is the rudest thing i've heard! How dare her! You have every right in the world to have a child!





I think you should be pissed if you aren't already!
wow what a f#cking bit@h. i would have done what you did honestly. no having a disorder would never effect something like that really people are rude biased fu%ks sometimes.
Id say ';Well Im sorry you feel that way, but I disagree. My issues are none of your concern.';


Then I'd leave it at that.


What she said was highly inappropriate.
LOOLLLLLLLLL i think you did the right thing that is funny........





in the future if someone says it to you right then and there..........the best thing to do is to laugh it off.......say yea well hopefully she will turn out only 1/2 as nuts as me LOLLLLLL and say thanks and have a great day............dont give her the satisfaction of letting her see you pissed off..........





besides you having ';mental illness'; doesn't matter that much to your daughter's health.......i know people who's parents aren't so called mental ill but yet they are........





someone can be perfectly healthy mentally and just get mentally unwell do to stress, life events etc etc..........





1 in 3 people have some kind of mental illness and are on medication..........





everyone would be hurt/mad/pissed off by it..........and the fact that you were upset that someone insulted you shows you are pretty much normal, doesn't it ??????





stay strong!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment