Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What would you do with your dad if you knew he was terminally ill?

anything and everything he wanted to,right up to the end,you only get one set of parents make the most of it my dad died while him and my mom were on vacation and I never got to say love you dad that last time.make it countWhat would you do with your dad if you knew he was terminally ill?
If he knows he is ill then you need to discuss it openly with him. Don't give up hope.What would you do with your dad if you knew he was terminally ill?
i would be there for him in every step of the way
Try and do the things that he has always wanted to do. Why not make his last days the best as you can for him.
there is nothing you really can do,all you can do is be ther for him.i am going through this with my grandma and the doctor only gave her about 6 months
i would be devastated, but for him i would try to be as cheerful and positive as possible. the only thing anyone can do when it really comes down to it is place all your faith in the Lord for he is the ultimate healer... just have faith and pray!
Lets see?





Dear Dad has 10 wifes?





?????





I'm almost sure he'd out live me.
spend a lot of time with him doing everyday things but appreciate them more.
I went through this with my Mom.


I held her hand and told her I loved her.


We went about our daily lives as though nothing had changed until it was plain that we would never see normal again.





You can't spend the time you have left mourning- spend the time doing what your father enjoyed most or if nothing else spend it holding his hand and letting him know that you love him.
what do you mean ';do'; with him? i'd help take care of him of course and when his time came. i'd make sure his wishes were carried out.
What do you mean do with him? Like take trips and stuff?


I would take my dad somewhere that he has always wanted to go and really spend some quality time with him
Pray for him - visit more often (we live 8 hours away by car) - send thoughtful and encouraging cards and letters. I'd also try to stay positive and supportive to he and my Mom while he recovers!
When my dad was terminally ill with cancer I spent as much time as I could with him and tried to be sure I knew how to help my mom.
First of all I would tell him how much I love him and how much I appreciate him. Sometimes these things are never said and especially if he is terminally ill it would make him happy.


Then I would ask him what his favorite thing to do was and whatever he would say I would do with him...who knows how much longer I would have him....
everything,everything everything
if it was for a short time and I had a big enough house i'd let him move in and look after him till the end.
well i dont know my Dad all that well, but if I would suggest for you, maybe traveling with him, if that is at all possible, im sure he would like to see new things before he goes and you guys can enjoy yourselves together, if he cant get around too easily, I would say maybe taking him to movies, going shopping with him, just spend as much time possible with him, ask him what he wants to do, etc.
I watched my father slowly die as the lung cancer ate away at him. He went from 180 lbs to 120lbs and was 6'3';. However, I was there for him and mom during that time. There were good times and not so good times. At times we would talk about things and other times if he didn't want to talk we just watched a few movies. Just being there helped him.
I would show him how much I love him, spend as much time with him as I could, and do anything that I'd always wanted to do with him before it was too late. I would cherish every moment I had with him, and when it comes times, say everything I ever needed to say to him while saying goodbye.
I lost my parents when i was very young my mother was very ill but i did my best to make her as comfortable. Gave her all the love and moral support she needed thats all you can do is be there for them just like they where there for you.


bes t of luck
Spend as much time with him as I could.
I would love him each day like today was his last.
i would pray and have faith he would get better


and spend every second of my life wit him
spend as much time with him as possible
Show him a deep sense of bonded love and make him feel like it's an honor to support him every step along his path. If he's able take him somewhere special like a charter fishing trip or a Island Cruise. If not just spend as much time as you can playing board games, cards or anything that is contusive to inviting good conversation. Have him tell you the stories from his childhood, his teenage years etc. “The memories of a man in his old age are the deeds of a man in his prime”. Quoted from a Pink Floyd song
I would make sure that in the time we have left together he has all the peace and love that I am capable of providing.
spent as much time as humanly possible with him, talk, walk, drives, read him a story from his favorite book,
I went through the same predicament. It is difficult. I would suggest try and be there for him as much as you can. Tell him you love him. If he is suffering, try and stay strong. My dad had cancer and had hospice help at home.
Go play a video game.

No comments:

Post a Comment